Oct. 25th: 2017 AlaSim International Conference & Exposition in Huntsville Alabama!
The 2017 AlaSim International Conference & Exposition, taking placein Huntsville, AL, Wednesday, October 25th, 2017, will showcase the vibrant, multi-domain, modeling and simulation industry in Alabama. The conference is designed to focus on both the breadth and depth of simulation activity in Alabama and to collect, document, display, and discuss the current state of simulation technology throughout the world. Elements planned for AlaSim 2017 include plenary speakers, paper presentations, project briefings, panel discussions, workshops, tutorials, and exhibits displaying the latest simulation technology, products, and services.
Keynote Session: Thomas C. Barnett
Cyber Technology Principal Investigator
U.S. Army Aviation & Missile Research, Development & Engineering Center
Missile Science & Technology Program
Restone Arsenal, Huntsville, Alabama
Luncheon Speaker: Dr. John Thomas Giannini, Jr.
Director, Simulation Laboratory
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
Dr. Thomas’ presentation will describe the simulation experience for first and second year medical students at the Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) leading to the successful medical simulation competition at the national and international level. The preparation and each process of the simulation experience will be described. This educational process enhances clinical skills, critical reasoning, assimilation of information, generating a differential diagnosis, potential treatment, all of which prepare the students for the clinical years.
- Panel Discussions: Opportunities for open discussion with simulation subject experts.
- AlaSim Session Attendees Workshops: An open and collaborative environment for the definition and creation of modeling and simulation products.
- Tutorials: To provide introductory and advanced training in current simulation technology.
- Exhibit Area: Where industry exhibitors will be displaying their latest simulation products and capabilities.
- Sponsorship Opportunities: Opportunities for sponsors to promote their products, message, and/or brand.