Featured Job Listing: Simulation Operations & Research Manager at FIU Miami
Company Name: FIU – Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Job Title: Simulation Operations & Research Manager
Location: Miami, Florida, United States, 33199
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Simulation Operations and Research Manager to join our team of professionals.
- Coordinate the scheduling of simulation training programs among users by working with department leadership to establish priorities and maximize operational time.
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating of all medical student Promotional OSCEs (Objective Student Clinical Examinations).
- Learn and master the simulation software (EMS ¿ Educational Management Solutions) that centralizes simulation center scheduling, inventory, assessment tools and collection of assessment data.
- Assist with data entry involving the conversion of current assessment tools into the EMS system to develop a paperless assessment system.
- Work with the director of simulation and director of educational assessment to report OSCE data collected within the EMS system statistical software packages
- Manage and clean data sets using statistical software packages, such as SPSS, Stata, or SAA
- Develop inventory control procedures to monitor supply levels, allocate costs and ensure supplies are ready when needed.
- Obtain bids, and make purchasing decisions within delegated authority.
- Develop inventory policies to ensure that levels are maintained in a cost effective way.
- Develop relationships with medical equipment and simulation technology vendors to gain their support to supply goods and services in support of medical training
- Review annual expenses and manage budget within delegated authority.
- Perform market research to understand current practices in medical simulation training.
- Develop, update and implement marketing plans.
- Plan and implement special projects
- Support the development and writing of IRB and generated grants
- Identify and pursue grants/partnership funding opportunities for institutional collaboration and research applications in simulation-based learning and evaluation and institutional patient safety
- Conduct tours of the facility
- Promote training services to external healthcare and emergency response organizations
- Develops budget and reviews expenditure on a monthly basis for communication with Internal College of Medicine Finance.
- Provide summaries of operational expenses, class attendance, equipment usage and equipment repair as input to monthly, quarterly and or annual plan development.
- Performs other duties as directed or assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning tasks that are logically related.
Master’s degree in an appropriate specialization and two years of experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialization and four years of experience.
- Previous experience in a health or academic discipline preferred
- Previous experience in grant writing and with the IRB process preferred
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 509681. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/23tz27grmn
Visit our medical simulation jobs page for more listings!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.