Featured Job Listing: Nurse Educator for Portsmouth VA Simulation Center
Engenium are currently seeking a Nurse Educator for the Simulation Center in Portsmouth VA to assist with medical simulation training for the United States Navy. Nurse Educators are responsible for developing and integrating training across a variety of training platforms and modalities to achieve and maintain an effective learning environment. This is a full-time position. See all our medical simulation jobs here!
- Plan, organize, and direct education and training efforts related to the development and execution of training scenarios and curriculum.
- Provide oversight of simulation curriculum and simulation scenario development.
- Provide guidance for simulation courseware creation and/or modification in support of the Sustainment of designated courses
- Identify learning needs based on Risk Management Data, Patient Safety Data, NOTAMS, and other applicable DoD regulatory and/or readiness requirements, and develop simulation-based courseware and scenarios based on these findings
- Serve as a medical and simulation content subject matter expert (SME) for developing curriculum related to simulation technology
- Remain abreast of current medical management practices and use that knowledge to adapt curriculum products
- Evaluate simulation technologies and adjuncts to meet training gaps
- Five years of experience developing blended curricula for simulation-based medical training
- Competence in blended learning environments that span the full spectrum of human patient simulators, online courseware, virtual patients, computer-based and mobile-based serious medical games, standardized patients, virtual environments and task trainers in support of a blended training environment
- Involvement in professional organizations related to medical simulation and skills lab application in curricula.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, education, human resource administration, organization development or related
- Training or certification in learning theory and curriculum development.
- Training in varying methods of courseware/curriculum development projects and feedback collection methodologies
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Master’s Degree in industrial or organizational psychology, nursing, education, or related discipline is desired
- Military experience, particularly military medical experience
- Working knowledge of the organizational functions and training requirements of Naval Medical Treatment Facilities
- 1–2 years’ experience as any technical course instructor/facilitator
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, computer proficiency, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of course development and education methodology for working with adult learners in a military environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)