Featured Job Listing: Nurse Educator for Portsmouth VA Simulation Center
Engenium are currently seeking a Nurse Educator for the Simulation Center in Portsmouth VA to assist with medical simulation training for the United States Navy. Nurse Educators are responsible for developing and integrating training across a variety of training platforms and modalities to achieve and maintain an effective learning environment. This is a full-time position. See all our medical simulation jobs here!
- Plan, organize, and direct education and training efforts related to the development and execution of training scenarios and curriculum.
- Provide oversight of simulation curriculum and simulation scenario development.
- Provide guidance for simulation courseware creation and/or modification in support of the Sustainment of designated courses
- Identify learning needs based on Risk Management Data, Patient Safety Data, NOTAMS, and other applicable DoD regulatory and/or readiness requirements, and develop simulation-based courseware and scenarios based on these findings
- Serve as a medical and simulation content subject matter expert (SME) for developing curriculum related to simulation technology
- Remain abreast of current medical management practices and use that knowledge to adapt curriculum products
- Evaluate simulation technologies and adjuncts to meet training gaps
- Five years of experience developing blended curricula for simulation-based medical training
- Competence in blended learning environments that span the full spectrum of human patient simulators, online courseware, virtual patients, computer-based and mobile-based serious medical games, standardized patients, virtual environments and task trainers in support of a blended training environment
- Involvement in professional organizations related to medical simulation and skills lab application in curricula.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, education, human resource administration, organization development or related
- Training or certification in learning theory and curriculum development.
- Training in varying methods of courseware/curriculum development projects and feedback collection methodologies
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Master’s Degree in industrial or organizational psychology, nursing, education, or related discipline is desired
- Military experience, particularly military medical experience
- Working knowledge of the organizational functions and training requirements of Naval Medical Treatment Facilities
- 1–2 years’ experience as any technical course instructor/facilitator
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, computer proficiency, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of course development and education methodology for working with adult learners in a military environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.