SSH Simulation in Healthcare Journal August 2017 Research Articles Released
The Society for Simulation In Healthcare (SSH) has recently shared their latest Journal publication of “Simulation in Healthcare“, August 2017 – Volume 12 – Issue 4 pp: 207-278 which contains the following peer-reviewed articles:
- Publication of Abstracts Presented at an International Healthcare Simulation Conference – Cheng, Adam; Lin, Yiqun; Smith, Jeremy; Wan, Brandi; Belanger, Claudia; Hui, Joshua
- Improved Retention of Chest Compression Psychomotor Skills With Brief “Rolling Refresher” Training – Niles, Dana E.; Nishisaki, Akira; Sutton, Robert M.; Elci, Okan U.; Meaney, Peter A.; O’Connor, Kathleen A.; Leffelman, Jessica; Kramer-Johansen, Jo; Berg, Robert A.; Nadkarni, Vinay
- Feedback Simulation for Acupressure Training and Skill Assessment – Noll, Eric; Romeiser, Jamie; Shodhan, Shivam; Madariaga, Maria Cecilia; Guo, Xiaojun; Rizwan, Sabeen; Al-Bizri, Ehab; Bennett-Guerrero, Elliott
- Breaking Down the Objective Structured Clinical Examination: An Evaluation of the Helping Babies Breathe OSCEs – Seto, Teresa L.; Tabangin, Meredith E.; Taylor, Kathryn K.; Josyula, Srirama; Vasquez, Juan Carlos; Kamath-Rayne, Beena D.
- The Role of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Simulation Training at Extracorporeal Life Support Organization Centers in the United States – Weems, Mark F.; Friedlich, Philippe S.; Nelson, Lara P.; Rake, Alyssa J.; Klee, Laura; Stein, James E.; Stavroudis, Theodora A.
Concepts & Commentary
- Serious Gaming in Medical Education: A Proposed Structured Framework for Game Development – Olszewski, Aleksandra E.; Wolbrink, Traci A.
- Simulation Faculty Development: A Tiered Approach – Peterson, Dawn Taylor; Watts, Penni I.; Epps, Chad A.; White, Marjorie Lee
Economic or Health Policy Articles
- Simulation-Based Evaluation of the Effects of Patient Load on Mental Workload of Healthcare Staff – Rusnock, Christina F.; Maxheimer, Erich W.; Oyama, Kyle F.; Valencia, Vhance V.
Case Report/Simulation Scenario
- An Innovative Approach: Using Simulation to Teach Primary Care Gynecologic Procedures – Hellier, Susan D.; Ramponi, Denise R.; Wrynn, Alexander; Garofalo, Stephanie
- Common Complication of Sickle Cell Disease in a Resource-Constrained Environment: A Simulation Scenario – Binotti, Marco; Genoni, Giulia; Carenzo, Luca; Ferrero, Federica; Bona, Gianni; Ingrassia, Pier Luigi
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.