Endovascular Simulation & Educational Environment Video Resource Material From Mentice
Mentice shares that this free “Endovascular Educational Environment Video Material” is “all you need to know from basics of sheath, catheter size, shape selection to role reversal training and procedure communication. There is also some team training psychology in there somewhere too!”. If you are teaching such procedures with simulation this video series is worth reviewing! This continues the online resources from Mentice we have shared earlier including:
- Implementing a Multidisciplinary Simulation Based Training in Interventional Radiology
- More Great Simulation Video Sessions, Whitepapers & Document Templates from Mentice User Meeting
- How to Design Medical Simulation Curriculum — From Mentice
Video Series Includes:
- The Basics of Sheath’s and Catheters – This Mentice clinical tutorial discusses the differences between interventional catheters and sheaths and how to properly identify each device.
- Procedure Communication, Training to the physician – How incorporating simulation training can improve team communication and flow of procedure.
- Understanding the Metric Report – Breaking down the information that is provided at the completion of each procedure performed such as complications, tools and devices used and pre and post treatment vessel analysis.
- Role Reversal using Simulation – This video talks about how you can utilize simulation to practice and role play each team members responsibilities and duties in the procedure environment.
- Patient Recorder & Monitoring Report – An introduction to a unique training program and offering for persons who monitor and record procedures. A great tool for nursing and technical programs.
- Procedure Report: A Step by Step Guide – This video will guide the viewer on how to access the details and metrics produced during each procedure and how to best utilize this information.
- Understanding the User Interface – This video will walk the user through all the information and data that is provided at the beginning of each procedure and discusses opportunities for both learners and educators on how to best use this resource.
- Basic Catheter Skills – A quick look at how simulation can help operators practice and learn basic and advanced catheter skills.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.