University of Iowa Seeks Nursing Clinical Education & Simulation Center Manager
The University of Iowa College of Nursing seeks to recruit a full time Nursing Clinical Education Center (NCEC) Manager responsible for the daily operations of the NCEC. The NCEC Manager supports all operations through planning, coordination and evaluation of all NCEC events, including simulation based education. This position is responsible for scheduling management, supervising staff, monitoring finances, maintaining policies and procedures, and managing day to day operational needs of the facility and College of Nursing (CoN) simulation program. The NCEC Manager provides guidance to all staff working for the College of Nursing within the NCEC and provides a central point of collaboration with University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC) staff and volunteers in supporting their simulated learning activities. Key areas of responsibility and characteristic responsibilities include:
Operational Support and Management:
- Monitor schedules and utilization of NCEC space and equipment to ensure coordination between the College of Nursing and UIHC.
- Administrate scheduling software database for desktop and virtual platforms; includes training and managing all user types and system maintenance. NCEC Manager and select NCEC staff will discern approval statuses for reservations of the NCEC.
- Develop, update, maintain, and enforce NCEC policies and procedures. Oversee building and equipment maintenance, including small renovation projects. Provide support for NCEC visitor guided tours.
Manage funding allocated to the NCEC, analyze expenditures, and project future costs. Review products for purchase; negotiate pricing and product specifications; approve and/or complete purchases.
Simulation Operations/Information Management:
- Assist faculty in creating simulation scenarios to accomplish instructional and/or research goals and provide support in the simulation programming and the coordination of all medical equipment.
- Determine and program audio visual (AV) needs and requirements as requested by lead faculty involving audio video systems (recording video capture, basic hardware functionality and processing), video postproduction editing, and integrating video into course management systems.
- Collaborate with faculty and Instructional Services Coordinator as needed during learning activities (such as manipulating simulator responses through software, annotating data, or moulage).
- Support follow up required after learning activities (such as post-course documentation and archiving activities).
- Orient and provide ongoing training to faculty and students in proper simulation techniques.
- Recommend updates and propose new simulation, audiovisual and other software technology for consideration.
Hire, train, and supervise College of Nursing staff and volunteers who work within the NCEC.
For more detailed information about this position opening including required qualifications, and to apply, please visit our website at medical simulation jobs and reference Requisition #66885.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Ellen Cram, PhD, RN
Want to feature your job listing? Start at our medical simulation jobs page to learn more!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.