Serious Games Conference Features Future of AR and VR in Healthcare – July 18-20 VA
Is your program or institution looking specifically at VR and AR for healthcare applications? Check out this Serious Play Conference July 18-20 at the George Mason University!
Use of VR for Game-Based Learning Growing; Healthcare, Govt, Education Apps at Serious Play Thought leaders leading sessions at Serious Play Conference in July will share their experience using Virtual Reality to create education and training games. Speakers at the gathering, hosted by the Virginia Serious Game Institute (VSGI) at George Mason University’s Science and Technology Campus outside DC include many speakers and topics such as these presentations focusing on healthcare:
- Mobile VR & AR Games for Healthcare by David Metcalf Institute for Simulation and Training, UCF
- Clinical Tools VR for Complicated 3D Healthcare Structures Bradley Turner
- How VR and AR Will Revolutionize Healthcare by Walter Greenleaf Stanford School of Medicine
Serious Play is a gathering where creators and learning professionals can have critical conversations about game design requirements and share their knowledge with peers. The focus of the conference is exploring opportunities, challenges and the potential of game-based learning. Their goal is to provide a forum for visionary educators, chief learning officers and heads of training programs in health care, government/military or other fields that want to learn how to improve the effectiveness of their program, and use the data collected to do even better.
Healthcare Track Sessions Include:
- Thomas Talbot USC Institute for Creative Technologies: Time to Leave the Lab, What Will it Take to Make Useful Games Viable for People and Businesses?
- David Metcalf Institute for Simulation and Training, UCF: Mobile Games Developed for Military Healthcare Training
- Scott Simpkins Applied Physics Laboratory Johns Hopkins: Using Games to Improve Clinical Practice and Healthcare Administration
- Alexander Libin Georgetown University: Predictive Analytics for an Embedded Assessment Framework: Developing Data-based Multimedia Technologies
- Students From Univ of Washington iSchool with Ran Hinrichs: Serious Play in Government Leadership Training
- Kevin Holloway Center for Deployment Psychology Uniformed Services Univ Of the Health Sciences: Virtual Professional Training in Evidence Based Psychotherapies, Gaming for Behavioral Health Providers
- Ran Hinrichs 2b3d Studios: Using Games to Study the Psychological Impact of Military Deployment
- Walter Greenleaf Virtual Human Interaction Lab Stanford University School of Medicine: How Virtual and Augmented Reality Technology will Revolutionize Healthcare
- Brad Tanner: Clinical Tools 3D Virtual Reality Using Oculus to Teach Complicated 3D Structures in Healthcare
- Doris Rusch DePaul University: Integrating Academia, Healthcare Professionals and Patients to Create a Learning Game for Chronically Ill Patient Diseases
- Dmitriy Babichenko Lorin Grieve, Jonathan Velez University of Pittsburgh: To Scope or Not To Scope: Challenges of Gamifying Clinical Procedures Training
- Kimberly Hieftje Yale Center for Health & Learning Games: Re-purposing Serious Games: Making the Development Time Count Twice (or More)
- Kenneth Bibbins PrepWorld Philliph Mutisya NC Central University: Trauma Informed Game Based Learning for Kids
- Beth Rogozinski Pear Therapeutics: The Challenges of Creating Mobile Games for Regulated Health Situations
- Lisa Marriott OHSU/PSU School of Public Health: Working with Local Schools on Nutrition Education
- David Wortley GAETSS, UK: Trends in Serious Games for Health and Well-Being