SIMCharacters Launches New Campaign to Showcase Paul, World's First High Emotion Preterm Simulator
*Update: The Facebook video announcing Paul went viral with over 4,000,000 views in the first week!
#WelcomePaul, the World’s First High Emotion Preterm Simulator — developed by SIMCHaracters and their CEO, Dr. Jens Schwindt — a leading expert in neonatology and healthcare simulation education. For the past three months I have spent extensive time with Jens and the amazing SIMCharacters team in Vienna as their Marketing and Strategy Consultant to learn more about this “Beyond High Fidelity” product, which advances the field of healthcare simulation with never before seen technologies — all of which fit neatly inside a completely wireless simulated body of a 27 week old infant!
Key Features of Paul:
- Preterm baby born in 27+3 week of gestation
- Highly realistic external anatomy
- Weight: 1000g, length: 35cm, head circumference: 26 cm
- Pathological breathing patterns (nasal flaring, paradoxical respiration, substernal retractions, and grunting).
- Highly realistic upper airway ideal for practicing endotracheal intubation and special neonatological care strategies (MIST, INSURE)
- Mechanical ventilation using bag-mask and Perivent® systems
- Automatic tube position detection during intubation
- Physiological and pathological lung parameters for machine-assisted ventilation
- Palpable pulse on the umbilical cord and all four limbs
- Sensors to detect the correct position and depth of an umbilical venous catheter (UVC)
- Auscultatory respiratory, heart and intestinal noises
- Cyanosis and hyperoxia
- Completely wireless product with 1.5 hours of battery use
Working alongside Jens and the team, we helped to craft the demonstrative materials necessary to help you see Paul in action! Today I would like to share with you this awesome video that shares the story of SIMCharacters, Paul, and Jens:
Having spent time seeing Paul in action and intubating him, I can say without a doubt that his technologies will forever change the way neonatology trains!
Are you attending IMSH in a few weeks? Email me and I will help to schedule a time with you and the SIMCharacters Team at the SimAlliance Booth to learn more about this amazing new product and company!