Standardized Patient Educator
Des Moines University is currently accepting applications for a Standardized Patient (SP) Educator who will train and educate Standardized Patient (SPs) for specific cases. The SP Educator ensures consistent training and monitors SP performance by completing quality assurance, provides appropriate and constructive feedback and coaching, and coordinates and contributes to the logistical design of events. The Standardized Patient Educator works in collaboration with course directors to improve or create assessments and live patient testing materials used in SP encounters. This position leads, coordinates, manages, and contributes to OSCEs, practicums, and events in the department. The SP Educator also provides support to the Standardized Patient Lab Manager by assisting in recruiting, screening, and interviewing potential SPs.
Founded in 1898 in Iowa’s capital city, Des Moines University is a health sciences graduate university comprised of three colleges offering eight graduate degree programs. Named a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and a “Top Iowa Workplace” by the Des Moines Register in 2016, Des Moines University continues its vision of being a leader in innovative health education that promotes life-long learning.
- Minimum of Associates required; Bachelor’s preferred.
- Minimum of two years related work experience (i.e., training, patient care, medical simulation, standardized patient, etc.) required.
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology required.
- Experience with standardized patients and an understanding of clinical interviewing and physical exams a plus.
- Experience with medical simulation moulage and acting a plus.
- Professional certifications and/or licenses including but not limited to CMA, LPN, RN, EMS, EMT CHSE, CHSOS a plus.
For complete job description, benefit summary, or to apply visit www.dmu.edu/employment. Please submit resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references at time of online submission. Application submission deadline is October 13, 2017.
Des Moines University is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information and other characteristics protected by law (“protected class”). Applications from candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.