Simulation Technology Specialist
At Carilion Clinic, we help communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. As part of our team you can expect professional stability, strong technological resources, and the advancement potential of a regional leader.
Based in Roanoke, Virginia, we are an award-winning, community-based network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions. Explore how joining a regional leader can enhance your ability to learn, grow, and succeed.
Provides technology support for faculty, staff and students in the CSRPS (Center for Simulation, Research & Patient Safety) environment. Serves as the liaison to Carilion Technology Support Group (TSG) as well as outside vendors. Responsible for the maintenance and inventory of simulation based equipment. Will be responsible for the updates and preventive maintenance of the simulation based equipment. Will provide set up, support and troubleshooting for audio-visual as well as centers learning management system and simulators as needed. May also operate simulation equipment and provide support to Simulation Education Facilitators.
- Associate degree in healthcare technology, computer science or related field required. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Familiarity with principles of electronics, audio-video components, computers and peripheral devices required.
- Experienced in information technology or other technical fields.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting is highly preferred.
- Proficient in the ability to troubleshoot hardware/software issues
Licensure, certification, and/or registration:
- Certification as Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist required within 6 months of employee meeting eligibility requirements.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
- Documented experience with IP A/V systems such as Simulation Management Systems
- Experience working with clinical software applications and video conferencing
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities. Must be able to work independently and also as part of a team when required
- May be required to work occasional nights or weekends
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred
- Must be able to position and lift simulation equipment up to 75 pounds.