Simulation Operator USAF Nebraska
Engenium is currently seeking a Simulation Operator to assist with medical simulation training for the United States Air Force Medical Modeling & Simulation Program at Offutt AFB, Nebraska.
- Operates and maintains task trainers, mannequin-based simulators, and surgical simulators, along with computerized simulators, virtual reality procedural trainers, and associated supplies and equipment.
- Operates simulation equipment with the ability to follow medical aspects of training scenarios and make appropriate adjustments based on participant actions.
- Operates an audio-video recording system
- Sets up simulation supplies/equipment to meet assigned training site objectives
- Manage simulation training and provides feedback to Course Director and/or Medical Facility staff
- Oversees all simulation encounters to include after action reports (AAR) of simulation training
- Works with a broad array of stakeholders to contribute to the development of educationally sound simulation curriculum (e.g., scenarios) as needed.
- US Citizenship
- 3+ years of experience with the operation of patient simulation equipment
- Associates degree or technical certification in a computer technology field (e.g. hardware, networking, helpdesk, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in the civilian medical or military medical field
- Paramedic equivalent medical knowledge
- Experience and understanding of human physiologic responses and experience to anticipate participants responses to scenarios
- Military experience, particularly military medical experience
- Working knowledge of the organizational functions and training requirements of Air Force Medical Treatment Facilities
- Experience as any technical course instructor/teacher
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, computer proficiency, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of course development and education methodology for working with adult learners in a military environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- CAC/Government Access Card Required