Medical Simulation Operator – USN – Oceanside CA
Engenium is currently seeking a Medical Simulation Operator to assist with medical simulation training for the United States Navy at Oceanside, CA. Simulation Operators are responsible for maintaining and operating part-task trainers, mannequin-based simulators, and surgical simulators, along with associated supplies and equipment.
This is a full-time position located at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, CA.
- Operates and maintains task trainers, mannequin-based simulators, and surgical simulators, along with computerized simulators, virtual reality procedural trainers, and associated supplies and equipment.
- Operates simulation equipment with the ability to follow medical aspects of training scenarios and make appropriate adjustments based on participant actions.
- Operates an audio-video recording system
- Sets up simulation supplies/equipment to meet assigned training site objectives
- Manage simulation training and provides feedback to Course Director and/or Medical Facility staff
- Oversees all simulation encounters to include after action reports (AAR) of simulation training
- Works with a broad array of stakeholders to contribute to the development of educationally sound simulation curriculum (e.g., scenarios) as needed
- Provide weekly activity reports and monthly simulation encounters to the PMO
- Associates degree or technical certification in a computer technology field (e.g. hardware, networking, helpdesk, etc.), or 5+ years of professional clinical experience
- 3+ years of experience in the medical or military medical field
- 2+ years of experience with the operation of patient simulation equipment (i.e. CAE, Laerdal, Gaumard, KGS, SynDavar MOES)
- Paramedic equivalent medical knowledge
- Military experience, particularly experience as a Navy Corpsman
- Working knowledge of the organizational functions and training requirements of Navy Medical Treatment Facilities
- Experience as any technical course instructor/teacher
- 1+ year of experience requiring knowledge of and skills in project management principles and methods
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, computer proficiency, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of course development and education methodology for working with adult learners in a military environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)