Healthcare Simulation Support Technician
Healthcare Simulation Support Technician
University of the Incarnate Word is a Catholic institution that welcomes to its community persons of diverse backgrounds, in the belief that their respectful interaction advances the discovery of truth, mutual understanding, self-realization, and the common good.
The University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM ) educates aspiring physicians to be justice-minded, global citizens using a community-based, distributed model of education, which fosters inclusion, discovery and innovation.
The UIWSOM invites applications for the Healthcare Simulation Support Technician who assists in coordinating the technical components of the medical simulation program including pre/during/post simulation activities and supporting the daily technical operations of the Center for Experiential Interprofessional Learning and Observation (CIELO ). The Healthcare Simulation Support Technician reports to the Director of CIELO .
Job Duty Name
Description of Job Duties
• Knowledge of and commitment to the mission, vision, and guiding principles of UIWSOM .
• Operate and maintain simulation-related audio-video recording systems selected by UIWSOM .
• Provide orientation of simulation center and equipment to novice faculty and learners.
• Operate and maintain simulation equipment, task trainers, computerized simulators, and virtual reality procedural trainers with the ability to follow medical aspects of scenarios, and make appropriate adjustments to technology systems.
• Possess a high degree of comfort with computer technology; high level interpersonal skills to work with clinicians at all levels of medical care.
• Provide tours of the simulation lab, providing technological demonstration of the equipment.
• Maintain records and supplies, equipment, and management of inventory tracking system of equipment and maintenance of the assets on CIELO .
• Restock supplies in the various simulation/lab suites located in CIELO .
• Support staff and faculty during the planning and running of simulation events preparing, applications, props placement, and moulage set up to create a realistic healthcare setting.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work independently and build collaborative relationships in an interdisciplinary team.
• Documented experience with Simulation Management Systems (e.g. SimulationIQ – EMS or B-Line)).
• Laerdal Equipment (low-fidelity to high fidelity manikins) to include LLEAP .
• Blackboard or other Learning Management System experience.
• IP networking, Video Technologies, Adobe, and Lecture Capture Technologies.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA .
• Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
• Associate or Bachelor degree in healthcare technology, computer science, education or related field.
Required Work Experience
• At least 3 years’ experience working in with healthcare simulation in higher education or hospital setting.
• Documented experience with IP A/V systems and video conferencing.
• Documented experience translating clinical needs into successful processes and supporting system designs.
• Evidence of effective interpersonal, organizational, planning, team-building, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated flexibility in establishing new programs from the ground up or other endeavor requiring adaptability.
• Fluency in Spanish.
• Ability to work overtime and on weekends as needed.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Basic Life Support or within 6 months of hire; member of SimGhost or equivalent simulation organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Significant participation in facilitating training workshops and interacting with small groups of individuals from diverse backgrounds on a routine basis. The physical demands of this job include:
• Frequent use of hands, vision (e.g. close and color vision and the ability to adjust focus) and hearing.
• Lifting objects not to exceed 25 lbs.; crouching, crawling, standing and sedentary work in an office and multiple learning environments.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and have a driving history acceptable to the University insurance carrier.
Posting Number: AS514PO
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Staff (non-exempt)
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Director for the Center for Interprofessional Experiential Learning and Observation
Open Date: 10/11/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1119200
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sex, gender, age, or religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.