Healthcare Simulation Educator
The Clinical Simulation Laboratory (CSL) at the University of Vermont is seeking a Healthcare Simulation Educator to provide educational and technical expertise in the development, implementation and evaluation of simulation-based activities. The Simulation Educator will be responsible for working with faculty, students, staff, and external stakeholders to ensure the highest quality of simulation learning activities. The incumbent will receive a faculty appointment commensurate with credentials and qualifications.
Specific responsibilities of the Simulation Educator will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with inter-professional/interdisciplinary faculty to develop simulation scenarios
- Facilitating/debriefing simulation sessions
- Providing individual oversight to learners for practice and/or remediation on technical skills as requested by faculty and students.
- Assisting with faculty development and training related to the use of simulation.
- Participate in simulation based research initiatives and projects including quality and safety projects
Minimum qualifications, skills & abilities:
- Healthcare professional
- 3+ years of clinical experience
- Effective training and teaching techniques adaptable to a variety of learning styles
- Solid understanding of the principles of simulation
- Effective planning, communication and organizational skills
- Healthcare Simulation Educator certification from the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH)
Reports to the Chair of Surgery
Division of EM, appointment of Assistant Professor in Education Pathway.
Apply at www.uvmjobs.com by September 24, 2017