Featured Job Listing: Simulation Technician Associate at Arizona State University
Another featured job from our Medical Simulation Jobs page, this time for the position of Simulation Technician Associate at Arizona State University in Downtown Phoenix! Hurry the application period ends November 4th!
Requisition Id# 27273BR
Salary Range: $16.53 – $17.00 per year; DOE
Close Date: 04-November-2016
Provide healthcare support for experiential learning in the Simulation and Learning Resource programs. Responsible for preparing, transitioning, problem solving and maintaining healthcare simulation equipment to include but not limited to manikins, media, computers, and related materials, as well as documentation involved. Works effectively with SLR Technology Coordinator and the Simulation Nurse Faculty in the delivery of simulation education.
- Physical set up and take down of a variety of healthcare simulation manikins and clinical lab environments with extreme attention to detail as assigned.
- Restocks supplies in the various simulation/lab suites located in three Mercado Center buildings.
- Assists with tours of the SLR for a variety of groups and organizations.
- Supports staff and faculty during the planning and running of simulation events preparing, applications, props placement, and moulage set up to create a realistic healthcare setting.
- Maintains and repairs (AV) media, computers, simulators, task trainers, and other necessary technologies utilized by the department.
- Maintains records and supplies, equipment, and management of inventory tracking system of departmental equipment and maintenance of the assets of the Simulation & Learning Resources department.
- Utilizes departmental specific software, databases, and websites as directed.
- Assists with program software to model simulators’ physiological responses to instructor specifications.
- Develops scheduling plans for repair and maintenance that accommodates the changing needs of the department.
Associates degree in technology or related field AND one year experience providing information technology services; OR, three years’ experience providing information technology services; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months of experience.
- Evidence of an Associate or Bachelor degree in healthcare technology or education.
- Experience in healthcare simulation.
- Evidence of effective interpersonal, organizational, planning, team-building, and problem-solving skills.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication.
- Experience in working in a team environment.
- Experience in work that requires to attend to detail.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
The College of Nursing & Health Innovation at Arizona State University is an inclusive world-class enterprise of discovery that prepares innovative, evidence-based healthcare providers, educators, leaders and researchers to optimize health in a culturally diverse global community.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobacco free. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Fingerprint Check Statement: This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated. Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position. Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position. ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated. Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please click here or visit to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click “External Applicant” under Staff job opportunities, see Req Id# 27273BR