Surgical Systems Provides Ross II Robotic Surgery Simulator for Da Vinci Training
Recently we learned about the Ross II surgical simulator which provides the skills necessary to operate the da Vinci surgical robot.
What is RoSS?
- RoSS is a portable, stand-alone Robotic Surgery Simulator that teaches novice surgeons the motor and cognitive skills required for operating the da Vinci surgical robot.
- The RoSS uses virtual reality to introduce the user to the fundamentals of robot-assisted surgery. It boasts a multi-level curriculum, designed with various levels of difficulty, that takes the user through and teaches the required skills for effectively advancing robotic surgery abilities.
- RoSS is the only robotic surgery simulator featuring full-length surgical procedures in 3D, otherwise known as HoST.
- RoSS is portable, so novice surgeons are able to practice and train without using valuable OR space and time.
New in RoSS II
The portable, stand-alone RoSS II console is a sleek redesign of the original RoSS that boasts improved graphics, enhanced visualization, smaller size, and decreased weight.
- NEW Improved Graphics
- NEW Improved Physics in Skills Modules
- NEW Superior Arm Motion and Interaction
- NEW Robotic Skills Assessment (RSA) Score
Features & Benefits
- Portable, stand-alone console can be setup anywhere.
- Integrated management system stores metrics for all users and tasks performed.
- HoST (Hands-on Surgical Training) modules use actual surgical cases for unparalleled realism.
- Adjustability and usability customizable to each user.
- Proven track record of mechanical and electrical reliability.
- Ergonomically adjustable to each user.