Featured Job: Simulation Specialist for Hannaford Center for Safety, Innovation and Simulation
From Simulation Champion Todd Dadaleares CHSOS comes this featured job listing for Simulation Specialist at Hannaford Center for Safety, Innovation and Simulation:
This is a great opportunity to join MMC’s Hannaford Center for Safety, Innovation and Simulation: a state–of-the-art simulation center that includes:
- Three high fidelity spaces
- A fleet of more than 15 high fidelity mannequins
- A robust standardized patient program
- Surgical and general skills areas
- A satellite team training facility
This position will support nursing, inter-professional, graduate and undergraduate medical education in a variety of simulated environments. Consisting of three simulation specialists, two education specialists, and a coordinator, the simulation team works within the Department of Medical Education supporting the academic mission of the organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology; high degree of comfort with computer technology; high level interpersonal skills to work with clinicians and medical staff at all levels of medical care.
- Minimum 5 years in direct patient care, preferred experience with sophisticated physiologic monitoring devices or 5 years of simulation experience
- Associates degree or related education
Responsible for accurately replicating realistic, highly complex clinical scenarios using sophisticated, high-and-low fidelity simulation equipment and software. Assist in all simulation-based education. Assist simulation faculty from all clinical areas, internal and external to MMC, in running a simulation that meets curriculum goals and produces measurable outcomes. He/she will be responsible for maintenance and repairs of complex high-and-low fidelity simulation equipment. Able to identify and troubleshoot problems with equipment.
Contact: Ned Asherman 207-662-2649