Noldus Brings Diverse Range of Recording & Debriefing Systems to Medical Simulation
At IMSH 2015 I met with Niek Wilmink about a/v recording and performance analysis solutions from Noldus, a company which has a long history of recording performance analysis systems outside of just medical simulation, and which is based in the Netherlands. For medical simulation they offer two different systems, “Viso” for quick and easy capture and “The Observer” for complex performance analysis. Big in Europe, Noldus has started to expand their products and services across North America.
“Simulating events adds to our understanding of human behavior for example when under stress. A simulated operating room can provide a secure environment for training and evaluation: new protocols or high-tech tools can be tested and different scenarios can be simulated. A variety of data such as video streams, information from movement sensors, physiological data, and more can easily be integrated in a Noldus’ solution (medical simulation software: Viso and The Observer XT).”
Code behavior in an accurate and quantitative way. Integrate video, audio, eye tracking, physiology, and more. Calculate statistics and assess reliability. Code on-the-go using a handheld with Pocket Observer.
The Observer XT supports the entire workflow of your project, from setting up to gathering and analyzing the observational data. You can extend your system with different modules, uASQ for questionnaires, Pocket Observer for on-the-go scoring, and Coder Licenses for efficient research.
More than 20,000 professionals around the world are using The Observer XT for advancing their research, testing, and training. The Observer XT is used worldwide at universities, research institutes, along with leading companies in many markets.
Viso is a multi-room, multi-video recording suite:
- Highly scalable: depending on your requirements, Viso can be configured for two to an unlimited number of rooms.
- Video and screen recording: up to 4 IP cameras can be recorded in perfect sync. You can even add a screen capture enabling recording of a computer monitor in sync with the video/audio streams.
- Quick debriefing: set markers via a simple key press and add comments at any time.
- Instant debriefing: Because there is no delay in the debriefing, the educator’s attention can be completely focused on the learners’ behavior.
- Centralized control: independent recording from multiple rooms using a single software license.
Learn more at the Noldus Medical Simulation Webpage today!