Featured Job: Director of Simulation Education for University of Iowa College of Nursing
Here’s an awesome simulation position from the folks at The University of Iowa College of Nursing!
Job Title: Director of Simulation Education (REVISED)
Job Location: Nursing Clinical Education Center, Iowa City, Iowa
The University of Iowa College of Nursing is seeking an influential and dynamic leader to serve as the Director of Simulation Education in the Nursing Clinical Education Center (NCEC). The NCEC is a joint effort between the Department of Nursing Services and Patient Care (DON) at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC) and the College of Nursing (CON). The University of Iowa is a quality- focused, research-driven organization in pursuit of an individual with experience in health science education; motivated to innovate, create, and prosper both nursing and interprofessional initiatives that support the NCEC. This person will be a forward-moving visionary with a commitment to simulation education.
Primary responsibilities include planning, designing, implementing, and evaluating simulation-based learning across the continuum from standardized patients through high-fidelity simulators. This position is a fulltime faculty administrative role (rank and salary commensurate with education and experience in accordance with University of Iowa College of Nursing guidelines).
- Leads the integration of simulation/instructional technologies throughout the CON and DON curriculums.
- Uses evidence-based simulation models to design, implement, evaluate, and standardize educational programs for faculty/staff development in the use of clinical simulation, debriefing, and assessment.
- Mentors faculty, clinicians, and staff in the design of curriculum involving clinical simulation.
- Ensures instruction is consistent with national professional standards for clinical practice.
- Collects data on learning outcomes for simulation exercises and collaborates with faculty/staff educators on disseminating findings through peer-reviewed publications.
- Supervises all CON simulation faculty and serves as a liaison/resource for DON staff educators.
- Institutes continuous quality improvement strategies for simulation program improvement.
- Facilitates comprehensive evaluations of the NCEC to promote growth and development.
- Collaborates with Health Care Information Systems (HCIS) to support and encourage the use of electronic health records in simulation and other learning activities where applicable.
- Prepares for accreditation by Society for Simulation in Healthcare.
- Partners with NCEC Manager and other administrative personnel in reporting of program activities, standards, accreditation requirements, external meetings, educational concerns, and student/staff successes.
- Inspires the advancement of simulation research.
- Visionary approach to simulation education in clinical and academic settings.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and evaluate all aspects of simulation education.
- Familiarity with use and basic maintenance of simulation equipment.
- Collaborative approach to working with CON and DON faculty, staff, and students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to fostering diversity.
- Doctoral degree in a healthcare or related field (or documented program of study that adheres to the doctoral timetable for completion of a doctoral degree within an identified timeline).
- Certified in Simulation Education (preferred).
- 3-5 years’ experience in:
- Simulation-based education and training, evaluation of outcomes, patient safety, and implementation of innovative simulation-based education and training programs necessary, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- curriculum development and assessment for adult learners;
- a healthcare setting (hospital/clinics preferred); and
- a healthcare management or leadership role.
- Evidence of scholarship contributions related to clinical simulation.
Applications should be submitted online at the job page for the Director of Simulation, (or goto https://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for requisition #65731), including a cover letter with a statement of interest, curriculum vitae/ resume, a philosophy statement of the role of simulation in education (academic and professional practice), and the names and contact information of 3 professional references.
See more jobs on the HealthySimulation.com Medical Simulations Jobs page!