HealthySimulation.com Becomes Patient Safety Movement Foundation Committed Partner
HealthySimulation.com is announcing today that we have joined the Patient Safety Movement as a Committed Partner, to help address the large scale problem we face worldwide; preventable medical errors within hospitals.
As a Committed Partner, HealthySimulation.com will demonstrate alliance with the Patient Safety Movement Foundation by:
- Spreading the mission of 0X2020 through HealthySimulation.com members and partners
- Introduce HealthySimulation.com partner organizations that share aligned missions and values to the PSMF
- Participating in the PSMF’s Actionable Patient Safety Solutions (APSS) workgroups to develop a Simulation Plan for select APSS
- Disseminating APSS within the HealthySimulation.com community
- Asking hospitals connected with HealthySimulation.com to implement APSS and make formal commitments through the PSMF to improve patient safety
- Promote upcoming events, educational opportunities and speaking engagements
At HealthySimulation.com, we understand the power of shared networks and we look forward to working closely with the Patient Safety Movement Foundation to help eliminate preventable patient deaths together.
More than 3,000,000 people worldwide, and 200,000+ people in the United States die every year in hospitals in ways that could have been prevented. It is the 3rd leading cause of death in the US and the cost is close to $1.44 Trillion. The Patient Safety Movement Foundation is a non-profit that is working with all stakeholders, including patients, healthcare providers, medical technology companies, government, employers, and private payers. Their mission and public commitment is to eliminate preventable patient deaths by the year 2020 (0x2020). Their annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit presents specific, actionable solutions to meet patient safety challenges and highlights the hospitals’ commitments to implement Actionable Patient Safety Solutions and medical technology companies that have pledged to share data.
The 6th Annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit takes place February 23-25 in London and is organized with the support of the Secretary of State for Health, the Rt. Hon. Jeremy Hunt MP. The 2018 Summit will bring international hospital leaders, medical and information technology companies, the patient advocacy community, public policy makers and government officials, together to discuss solutions to the leading challenges that cause preventable patient deaths in hospitals across the world. The 2018 Summit will feature keynote addresses from leading political figures and patient safety experts, plenary sessions with healthcare luminaries, members of the press and patient advocates, as well as announcements from organizations who have made their own commitments to reach the Patient Safety Movement Foundation’s goal of ZERO preventable deaths by 2020.