New Featured Job: Simulation Operator for U.S. Air Force Medical Service in Baltimore, MD
The latest featured position from our medical simulation jobs listings! Engenium Staffing are currently seeking a Simulation Operator to assist with medical simulation training for the United States Air Force Medical Service (AFMS) Center for the Sustainment of Trauma and Readiness Skills (C-STARS) Program. Simulation Operators have the responsibility for the operation of simulation equipment and help with coordinating and integrating organizational training initiatives.
- Operates and maintains task trainers, mannequin-based simulators, and surgical simulators, virtual reality procedural trainers, and associated supplies and equipment
- Operates simulation equipment with the ability to follow medical aspects of training scenarios and make appropriate adjustments based on participant actions
- Operates an audio-video recording system
- Sets up simulation supplies/equipment to meet assigned training site objectives
- Facilitates simulation training and provides collaborative feedback to Course Directors and/or Medical Facility staff
- Responsible for input and tracking of information associated with training data
- Works with a broad array of stakeholders to contribute to the development of educationally sound simulation curriculum (e.g., scenarios) as needed.
- Functions as the AFMS subject matter expert and resource liaison in the field of simulation operations
- Assists with any other duties that may be needed as determined by the local Simulation Coordinator or the AFMS Medical Modeling and Simulation Program
- Associates Degree in related discipline
- 5 years of clinical experience (EMT, Paramedic, or LPN etc.)
- 1-2 years’ experience in operation of common human patient simulators and part task trainers
- Experience in operation of audio-video recording system
- Basic understanding of computer programming
- Basic understanding of medical scenario development
- Bachelor’s Degree in education/training, or nursing, or 10 years of clinical experience and 5 years of educational experience.
- Commercial Driver’s License
- Previous military experience, particularly military medical experience.
- Familiarity with military medical readiness training.
- Current professional certifications, including: Certified TeamSTEPPS; Certified BLS-Healthcare Provider; Certified ACLS and PALS.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
For more details and to apply, contact: Jason Irving [email protected]