University of San Francisco Launches Online Healthcare Simulation Certificate Program
The University of San Francisco Healthcare Simulation Certificate Program for Professional Development online program is now taking applications for the Fall August 2017 start date! Click the link below to learn more and register for the program!
With Simulation emerging as a novel approach to educating and training healthcare professionals, the demand for simulation professionals has skyrocketed. The University of San Francisco is proud to be leading this change by announcing our new online Certificate in Healthcare simulation program. This unique 3 semester (one year) certificate is designed for both clinicians and non-clinicians requiring no previous experience. “As a non clinician with a history in theatre and business, this gave me a great overall picture of healthcare simulation and how I can bring my specialty to the industry.” Katie Francis, Alumni and Simulation Operations Manager The certificate prepares you for opportunities in healthcare simulation, teaching, management and operations.
Healthcare Sim Cert Program Features
- Online format – Students attend courses online and complete assignments when they choose, adhering to coursework deadlines.
- Designed to complete in one (1) year or three (3) semesters.
- Students are required to attend a teaching & instruction Practicum held in a Simulation Lab (in-person or virtual).
The Sim Certificate Will Prepare You To:
- Implement current simulation organizational standards in curriculum design and teaching
- Integrate educational principles into simulation practice
- Distinguish effective, psychomotor and cognitive learning strategies in simulation education
- Appraise evaluation tools for utility in simulation education
- Create innovative education designs for interprofessional practice
- Analyze sustainable business plans for the operation of a simulation lab or program
- The Director of the program, KT Waxman, DNP, RN, CNL, CENP, CHSE, FAAN is Director of the California Simulation Alliance and is an internationally known speaker and author on the topic of healthcare simulation.
- Cynthia Shum DNP (c), MEd, RN, CHSE–A is the Healthcare Simulation Educator at the Veteran’s Hospital in Palo Alto, CA. Cynthia has received a Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in reviewing the “Clinical Simulation in Nursing” journal in 2015. In 2012 she was awarded the Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator certificate by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare.