Featured Job Listing: SP Program Coordinator for FIU in Florida
Job Title: Program Coordinator (SP)
Institution: FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Location: Miami, FL
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team of professional.
- Develops a recruitment, training and supervising plan for Standardized Patient Program participants.
- Coordinates, manages, and supervises teaching and assessment activities involving medical students, interns, residents, physicians and other professions using Standardized Patients.
- Provides training to standardized patients to include but not limited to feedback training, best practices for SP Education, current training techniques, and quality control procedures.
- Assists in the orientation of students, residents and others to the activity and center.
- Works with the Simulation Operations Manager and the Simulation Specialist in EMS (Education Management Solution) software to set up learner events.
- Collaborates in case development and scenario design with the Medical Director for teaching and assessment activities involving standardized patients.
- Assists with the promoting and implementation of Standardized Patient program services for the community.
- Works with simulation administrator to create and design recruitment and marketing materials and website pages for distribution to potential applicants and program users.
- Acts as a liaison to internal and external customers.
- Maintains proficiency in existing and emerging trends in the use of Standardized Patients in medical education including basic theory, design and implementation, by maintaining a literature base, evaluating new methods and materials, and participating in education opportunities (travel to standardized patients educator conferences – ASPE).
- Manages payroll for SPs and maintains budget for Standardized Patient Program. Reports to Medical Director at quarterly meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning tasks that are logically related.
Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of office or related experience.
- Two (2) years of experience with Standardized Patients in medical education, health and/or educator background preferred.
- Familiarity with teaching and assessment methods and technologies involved in the use of Standardized Patients preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 513053. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports.